How do you exspand harddisk in Windows VM?
How to give more space to a VM machine?
- Startup vSphere Client with admin and look for the server you need to give it a bigger disk
- Now login with RDP on that machine and go to the server manager.
Storage Disk Management, now you can see all the disk,
Compare so it’s right with information to go you get in vSphere
- When you have found the correct one, you change the size click OK
IMPORTANT: never decrease a Size or else you can break the VM.
So it increases many times to avoid that.
- Now you go back to Server Manager on the server and press F5 and you can see the new space.
- Click on the disk and pick extend make sure it picks the new extra space and then next, next finished.